Photo-Folders is optimized to work with the mouse, keyboard and touch based interfaces. With regards to keyboards, many accelerators are make it easy to navigate quickly within albums and to change various display modes.
Here are Photo-Folders keyboards shortcuts:
When album or search results are displayed in thumbnail mode:
- F key: to display thumbnails in full browser mode (without menus) and to move back to normal mode.
- N key: to show the next album, or downward key is the mouse is over the albums list.
- P key: to display the previous album, or upward key if the mouse is over the list of albums.
- G key: to display the next group, or right key if the mouse is over the groups list.
- O key: pour télécharger les photos de l'album ou du résultat de recherche courant.
- ENTER key: to show the selected picture (on which the mouse is).
- ESCAPE key: to close a dialog box (like groups, albums or pictures actions as well as help).
- ESCAPE key: also to quit full browser mode and move back to groups/albums display, or to quit the "one" picture display mode and return to the thumbnail view.
- SPACE bar: to start and stop an automatic scroll of the current view thumbnails. Usefull for full screen views.
- T key: to toggle on or off the display of albums thumbnails on the left.
- C key: to change the plugin background color back and forth from white to black.
- D key: to cycle through display modes (black slides, white slides, horizontal or vertical layout, picture names, one picture).
- V key: to cycle through search results items display mode (names, groups, albums, camera, lense, ISO, aperture, exposure, authors, licence).
- I key: to show or hide albums description and potential links between albums and blog posts.
- + key: to increase thumbnail size ("zoom in").
- - key: to reduce thumbnail size ("zoom out").
- S key: to switch on/off the multiple pictures selection mode. It also works when thumbnails are displayes full browser (launched via F key).
- CONTROL-(left) mouse click : to add a picture in the selection or open it if the selection mode is activated (on a Macintosh, use the combination COMMAND + mouse click, tested on Safari, Firefox and Chrome).
- L key: to hide of show date labels when pictures thumbnails are sorted by dates.
- CONTROL-A key: to select all the pictures.
- CONTROL-D key: to unselect all the pictures.
- CONTROL-I key: to invert the of pictures selection.
- CONTROL-F key: activate search field.
- CONTROL-Q key: to move back and forth between the two search modes (simple search vs multi-criteria search).
- F2 key: to rename the current album when the user is a site administrator, and only on PCs running Windows or Linux.
When a dialog box is displayed, as well as the box for statistics or help:
- ENTER key: to display the box full browser.
- ENTER and ESC keys: to exit full browser mode when it is activated.
When one picture is displayed:
- –> and <- keys: to move to next and previous picture. The related button witll show and underlining during the change.
- HOME and END keys: to move to first and last picture of the current pictures series (album or search result).
- Up arrow: to display the picture in full browser mode.
- Down arrow: to move back to the single picture and albums/groups lists, or quit this mode to move back to thumbnails.
- ESCAPE key : same as down arrow.
- DELETE key: to remove current picture or pictures selection (admin) or ask it (regular user).
- A key: to add the current name in the list of TOP people (admin) or ask for it (regular user).
- M key: to select or deselect the current picture. It also works when the picture is displayed in full browser mode. The selection is then visible when using the thumbnails mode.
- SPACE bar: to start and stop an automatic slide show.
- F2 key: to rename the current picture of pictures containing the name of the current picture.
- K key to create a widget with the current picture and make it available for the Photo-Folders plugin from the Wordpress post editor.
When several pictures are selected and in admin mode:
- DELETE: to delete selected pictures.
- F2: to rename selected pictures sequentially.